Re: now racing cars

To: mvheim@attbi.com
Subject: Re: now racing cars
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:33:40 -0600
I think you'll certainly get more bang for your buck with a Spridget.

As to power to weight ratios, looks like they were pretty close in stock
form.  I was talking vintage racing trim, where my perception is that a
larger percentage of weight can be stripped off a Spridget versus a 914
given the latter's vestigal roof and full windscreen that would have to
be retained.  I think the one we see on the track locally is streetable,
with side glass still in the doors, etc.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer