Re: Web Sites

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Web Sites
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:31:24 -0800
Not to mention the new IE download is what, 60+ MB?  Sorry, hellz no.

I use Opera 6 web browser  ->  www.opera.com
Very small (~1 MB), very fast, very nice (built-in email, news, ICQ).
Compatible with 98% of the web sites I've been to (which is a lot)
including Flash sites and Java is mostly OK.

And, you can configure it to tell web servers its any of a number of
different web browsers (stealth mode:)

It is NOT free (or rather, the free version has ads in the toolbar) but
at USD $40 its very cheap and if you're the immoral type its very easy
to find a serial number for it on the web.

Skye
66 B

Word on the street is Barrie Robinson said:
> David,
>
> You must be joking.  I stay away from Microsoft!   Not only are all the
> virus problems in that area but I do not like being forced in a direction
> that suits THEM.   Their business methods I deplore (I am in the software
> business) and there are much better programs around.
>

> At 10:51 AM 3/12/02 -0500, David Rasch wrote:
> >There is an easy solution to your problem.  Don't use Netscape.   Web sites
> >are increasingly incompatible with Netscape in any of its versions.  The
> >pace of technological advance is fairly rapid and it is not reasonable to
> >expect companies to stick to outdated technology and still stay competitive,
> >especially when it comes to the World Wide Web.  Netscape version 4.7 is at
> >least a couple of years old and in internet terms that is several lifetimes.
> >Might I suggest that you give Internet explorer a try.  Most of the worlds
> >web sites are built to be compatible with it.
> >
> >David Rasch
> >V.P. Provider Services,
> >Network Administrator,
> >Production Manager