Re: Web Sites

To: David Hayes <David.Hayes@gmx.net>,
Subject: Re: Web Sites
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:11:00 -0500
.......and here gentlemen we have the problem!  Dave, I mean no destain on
your remark but you mention "to make it look good".  You see my point is
that I am not looking for "look good" - I am looking for information and
service.  The most useful sites are those that use simple facilities and
give you the info not the advertising and explosive graphics.  Viewers on
the web do not search for adverts they search for information.

At 04:07 PM 3/12/02 +0100, David Hayes wrote:
>But to put it from a web developers perspective (sonething I am from time to
>time) it is a nightmare trying to support a website that looks the same in
>the latest versions of Netscape, Internet Explorer and Opera etc without
>having to worry about trying to make it look good in the last half a dozen
>versions of each of these. Website authors typically have a choice between
>creating
>very basic (read dull) sites that work accross the board or picking a subset
>of browsers to support and creating a nice site. If only the major browser
>vendors could process HTML the same way...
>Just my tuppence worth
>Dave
>
> > Right on, Barrie.  I'm quite happy with Netscape 4.73 and I let the
> > vendors know
> > it.  (This does relate to lbc parts.)
> >
> > Bud Krueger
> > 52TD
> >

>--
>GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
>http://www.gmx.net

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net