Paint Color for 72 BGT restoration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Color for 72 BGT restoration
From: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:41:04 -0500
My son and I are nearing the point in our restoration when we are
discussing paint colors. The  car is a 72 and was originally red, which
we would like to stick with. Does anyone know of a website were we can
compare the different colors of red? This '72 BGT is going to look more
like a '66-'69 since we are installing the earlier grille. As a result,
we are considering the earlier Tartan Red as opposed to the Flame Red
('70-72) or Damask Red ('73-'79).

Thanks as always for your help, listers.
Bill Snyder
'66 MGB
'72 BGT (now driveable and running well......knock wood).

Also, does anyone know any tricks to entice the older type metal horns to
function again?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///