Re: CA emissions

To: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: CA emissions
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:23:01 -0600
When I lived in San Diego (late 80s). My roommate had a '71, I think.
He had a Weber on it (his SUs were toast).

He had to go to a special emissions place, run by the state, instead of
a service station. It always got approved, but then the '71 was much
simpler than the '75. He did have to have the airpump working, I know.
So I guess I'm saying, they do make sure you have all the equipment that
came from the manufacturer.

I'm also thinking, the '75 didn't have a cat anyway. But since the
SUs are not standard for that year, you'd be in trouble.

You might be better off selling the '75 and getting something a abit
older. Of course, you're saying, "I've got this one working. A new one
would have DPO written all over it."

Sorry, I'm not much help.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155

///