RE: Suspension

To: "'Zubrovka'" <zubrovka@earthlink.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Suspension
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:21:25 -0800
John:

        I havn't heard of them since that time.  I bought Capri and MGB
parts from them back in 85.  I remember them well as the alloy valve cover
for the B was porous and leaked like a seive.

        There are a number of ways to lower a RBB.  Rear spacer blocks and
shorter front springs are the easiest way to go.  DON'T LOWER THE CAR TOO
FAR!!
        To get the same ride height as a CBB you will actually reducing the
suspension travel to 1" less than the CBB.  This is not a good thing for
drivability.  My suggestion is to drop the car so it is just about 1" higher
than a stock CBB.  No bump steer, no rattling teeth, no ripped off mufflers.

Kelvin.

> Back in the 80's when I first got my MGB, I obtained a brochure from
> a company in California, I think it was called Dobi, that offered a
> complete performance suspension for the MGB.  Springs, shocks, sway
> bars and other related parts, that would lower the rubber bumper B
> back to chrome bumper height.
> I haven't seen a mention of them lately and can't seem to find them
> on the web.  Do they still exist and more importantly, do they still
> have that suspension kit?
> If not is it offered elsewhere?
> John

///