Re: traveling

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: traveling
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:41:26 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2002 8:02 PM
Subject: traveling

I'm planning on doing some touring this summer (maybe even Grapevine) and
was
wondering if anyone had developed a "helpful enthusiast list" along certain
interstate highways in case an MG owner has trouble and needs knowledge?
Monte 79B

The best thing for this is The North American MGB Register's Service
Recommendation / Membership List. It is updated annually and sent to every
member. I have been called on once in my seven years of being listed in the
publication. The person who called was stuck on a Parkway with a flat tire
and the last mechanic to tighten the lug nuts got carried away with the
impact gun. The fellow with the flat tryed calling AAA but Long Island
Parkways are restricted and the only service vehicles allowed on the
roadways need a permit (highest bidder thing).  I showed up with my breaker
bar and got them on their way.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
www.namgbr.org/namgbr