Re: traveling

To: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>, MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: traveling
From: barneymg@ntsource.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:04:37 -0600
Hey, it was just a referal, not my list.  If you want on that list you
gotta contact the webmaster there.

And just for the record, not all of us are NAMGBR members, so we don't all
have access to your NAMGBR "private" list.  I can understand how some folks
may not want to be bothered by a distress call from someone who is not a
"member", so the list need not be made public.  As such, only a limited
number of MG enthusiasts even have access to your list of 2000.

But at least the short list I have refered to is public, and welcome to any
entusiast, so don't sell it short (pun intended).  I personally answered a
call and ventured out about midnight in winter weather to rescue a Humber
in distress shortly after this list was started.  Didn't have to be a
member or even an MG, just a fellow enthusiast in need.

At this point I suppose I should you David, are you a member of
NAMGAR?  Makes no difference to me if you are or not, just that I wouldn't
assume that anyone would be a member of "my" national single model car club
just because one owns any car of that mark.  Last I checked, this was still
an MGs list, not just an MGB list.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

At 09:40 PM 3/16/02 -0500, David Deutsch wrote:
>Barney,
>
>Feel free to add me to that list as follows:
>
>David Deutsch
>516-794-9004
>MGman@optonline.net
>Long Island, New York area
>
>Of course the NAMGBR List has close to 2,000 members listed and a couple of
>hundred service provider across the continent. The most important thing is
>that it is updated annually. An example of this importance is that if you
>are stuck in Brooklyn, NY and use your list to call Mike Graziano, bad news
>cause Mike got married and moved to Westchester quite sometime ago.
>
>Safety Fast,
>David Deutsch
>www.namgbr.org/namgbr
>and if you are looking for events on the east coast, that you may get stuck
>going to, try www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///