Re: Suspension

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension
From: "brentschwartz" <brentschwartz@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:21:20 -0600
The Perverse theory is that it would have been too expensive to raise
the motor along with the car so to save money BL just left it at
the same height.  They also considered leaving the seats and the
fuel tank at the same height but finally decided to raise them
in a fit of thriftless spending .   Obviously the poor fiscal responsibility
on the part of the engineers in deciding to raise all of those unnecessary
parts to the level of the body was what caused the company to go
under.

This is just a theory and any connection with fact,
either real or imagined, is merely coincidence.  All
names have been changed to protect someone,
whether they need that protection or not.

Brent

> > I was a little unclear when I said the engine was lowered.  What MG did,
> > (according to Tom Josefek of British Motor Classics) was that they kept the
> > engine at the orginal height when they raised the body for the rubber
> > bumpers.
> >
> > Maynard Hirsch

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list