Re: 2002 plans for my 68 MGB GT so far, please help. TIA

To: "Dan Furbish" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2002 plans for my 68 MGB GT so far, please help. TIA
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:51:38 -0700
at the very least use the V8 style bushings they are much longer wearing
than the OEM parts, thus they don't swell and break up like the stock parts.
They should last nearly forever.  Prothane is a matter of choice, it will
make everything tighter (handling) but will increase road noise and
vibration to some extent.  There is no easy answer on this one since it is
completely a matter of taste.  If comfort is paramount use the V8 bushes, if
performance is of more interest and comfort not so then it is a tossup, but
ultimately the prothane should perform better.

One concern with braded lines on a street car, is that dirt will get under
the braid and will chafe the rubber underneath; the braid will
simultaneously hide this chafing from view.  I wouldn't go back and replace
them with rubber, but I'd be a little watchful of their true condition in
the long run.

james