Re: 2002 plans for my 68 MGB GT so far, please help. TIA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2002 plans for my 68 MGB GT so far, please help. TIA
From: steveb5815@juno.com
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:23:45 -0500
Hi Dan,
I have been running polyurethane bushings on my '79 B for 8K miles. I
don't feel that the ride is unusually harsh or stiff. I have used the
stock bushings back in the mid '80s when I had my '74 B. They lasted what
seemed like 2 months (not really but they didn't last very long). I have
them in the lower A arms and in the top shock knuckle. Also have them in
the front sway bar mount and links. The link bushings needed to be split
in half for installation. If I ever get around to it I will do a complete
poly bushing replacement on the rear.
Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:04:47 -0500 "Dan Furbish" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
writes:
> Thank you for your response Paul.
>
> One thing, I found the A frame bushings completely shot
> there's slop between the surfaces, and I suspect other
> bushings are 34 years old too. I've got the time to tear it
> down this year and get 'it right'- I don't have the money to
> do both,  to do repairs 'and' register and insure it this year.
> I would like to replace these bushings just to know everything
> is complete, tight and repaired to original specs.
>
> Are you saying Prothane bushings should not be used ?
> Are you saying I should replace the bushings with the OEM material ?
>
> I replaced the brake lines with braided lines because the past owner
> had them in a package when I bought the car, I think it would have
> been
> useless to go buy new ones when those were right there.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///