Re: Oil Pressure

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:03:32 EST
In a message dated 3/29/02 6:49:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> I am the fella who rebuilt the engine in my 78 B two years ago with
> considerable input from many of you. The best piece of advice I got was to
> change the marginal oil pump because I would really like the high oil
> pressure. I have now put about 6500 miles on the car since the rebuild and I

On an MG engine, you DON'T WANT high oil pressure. You will eat the drive
gears if you do.

You may be alright at 75, although that is on the high side, but I have seen
many racers jack it up to 80-85 and have their gears go south in a race or
two.

Pressure isn't nearly as important as volume.

Bill