Re: Oil Pressure

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:23:52 -0800
What gears are you talking about?  What are the drive gears in the engine?  The
only gears I can think of are the ones that drive the oil pump and distributor..
Are you talking about the timing gears?  Iv always called them timing sprockets
and chain.  I didn't think these where oiled by pressure.  I thought they got
there oil from the oil splashing around.  I'm curious about this cause my car
can
have 80 - 85 lbs of pressure at speed.

Dennis Cox
67 MGB