Re: What are the Ramifications of Gasohol

To: Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27 LG/LGQPT <Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil>
Subject: Re: What are the Ramifications of Gasohol
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:48:58 -0600
Perhaps on older cars it could cause damage, I don't know about that.
But modern autos are rated for 10% ethanol.

My '70 B has been happily running on it for 5+ years.  When they
switched us over to it in metro Denver in the '80's there was a lot of
concern, but from what I recall it was pretty much a non-issue when it
was done.

(I remember hearing a lot of people echoing what you are saying, but
never saw any issues really occur.)

I think it is mostly FUD now after having used it for as long as I have
driven.  We didn't have a choice here.  It was the law.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net