Re: weber question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weber question
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 08:26:06 -0500
   This is an opinion backed by experience.  If the Weber carb kit is
new, you should have no problems, providing your dizzy matches the kit
and the engine is in good shape.   I put a new kit on a '70 B (with a
fresh engine) and drove it happily for over 5 years, no probs.  It was
still on the car when I sold it.   Most of the people I've come in
contact with Weber woes on a B were trying to fit a used carb.

  OTOH, I elected to rebuild the SUs on my present B ('69) and have been
driving it for ~3yrs, no probs.  We have piles more SU resources now
than we did back in the early '80s; witness this list.  Also, you can
have your SUs rebuilt by a pro more much less than the price of a new
Weber kit.

  I believe there's more power with the SUs too.

  Cheers,

  CR