drink holder

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: drink holder
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:41:35 -0500
I'm building a drink holder to fit the console of the 79B.
I'd like to also do the same for the 67B I'm picking up in Seattle (It's a
long drive back home with a 32oz cold, sweating, drink BETWEEN YOUR LEGS).
Looking through the Moss catalog, I don't see a console on the earlier cars
like are on the later cars. Could someone describe what is on the transmission
"hump"(I don't know what you call this?) between the gearshift and the radio
console and from the gearshift on back to between the seats? Is the distance
between the radio console and the gearshift the same in all B's? What about
the width of the transmission "hump"?
Has someone already built a drink holder for a early car, or can you just buy
something that will work? For our 79, I've tried most all the boughten models
and none will seem to fit.
I thank you, and my crotch will thank you too :-)

Monte 79B, 67B, and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA