RE: drink holder

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: drink holder
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 02:33:10 -0700
As for a drink holder, I have found that one can wedge a cup in between
the seat and the transmission tunnel right at the back.  The seatbelt
buckle and my leg hold it in place, though it might spill a little if I
move around too much or drive a little crazy.  This is on a 79 B where
I've taken out the console because it was too banged up.  I'd be
interested to see what you come up with for a cup holder for this
application, though.  I've spent more time trying to figure out how to
mount decent sounding speakers, which I have finally done: I built 1"
thick spacers on the doors so that my 6.5" speakers' magnets don't hit
the machinery in there.  The best part is they are octagon shaped!  They
sound so much better than any 4" speaker could.
let us know how it comes out
Mike Jose
79 B
Phoenix