About "steering wheel" thread

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: About "steering wheel" thread
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 10:17:54 -0400
After that steering wheel back and forth safety issue the other day and
what happens if you have an accident, it got too real and struck home
yesterday but with a very happy ending.
On the way to the Moss show, some idiot blows through a stop sign on my
right to cross my lane of traffic. I hit the brakes very hard to avoid
him, inertia shoulder belts hold us in nicely and we sail along for
about 60 feet coming to rest nose first to a bunch of road signs in the
oncoming side of the road! This idiot, after stopping and backing up to
the stop sign again, jumps out of his camper van, saying "it's may
fault, my fault, sorry". Want to deck him but more worried about wife's
scream etched face in the passenger street. ( Also, wondering just how
far my male parts rose into my body).

Also, wonder why I've traveled so far with an arc into the other side of
the road, laying down 4 strips of rubber, and see that the roadway is
fresh blacktop, which means a bit of oil rises to the top minimizing our
traction. Not a good start to the day and you just never know. May this
be the worst for all of us.
Oh yes, took 2nd place in the BGT class, won the Popular Car vote and a
beautiful English wicker basket and Rita won 2 tickets to the NHRA
Finals in Englishtown and got a bunch of goodies from the Castrol folks.

All's well that ends well.
Cheers,
Dave Houser