Carpeting and interiors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carpeting and interiors
From: geoffeg@sin.sloth.org
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 08:47:47 -0400
Yes, I'm sure that this topic has been touched upon before but I can't find
anything in the archives that answers all my questions.

I'm about to order carpeting for my 69 BGT. The whole interior needs to be
redone, almost. There is currently no carpet, the door panels are in good
shape, the headliner needs to be redone, the foam and covers on the seats
need to be redone. My plan was to do one thing at a time over a few months,
trying to smooth out the damage to my wallet. However, if I find a great
deal on a kit or something, I'll spring for it all at once.

The first thing I wanted to get done was the carpet. I'm trying to decide
which carpet set to buy from what vendor. As far as price goes, it looks
like ProperMG has the upper hand. $339 for the Original and $229 for the
Deluxe. I would have thought that the Deluxe would have been the better of
the two but the Original has the molded transmission tunnel. The other
possiblities are Moss, which seems to be the most expensive and Victoria
British which doesn't seem very exciting.

So does anyone have any experience with ProperMG's carpet? I'm wondering why
it's the cheapest. I'm looking for good, quality carpet but I don't mind
saving a few bucks if I can.

Geoffeg