Re: Is it just me, or what? Part Quality

To: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Subject: Re: Is it just me, or what? Part Quality
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 14:40:16 -0500
  I have a Robbins cover from Moss on my '69 B.  It fits well enough and
has large pockets for the ~square headrests.  Maybe they sent you the
wrong one.  I agree that the center zipper could go back further in
order to facilitate opening only the driver's side.  I just unsnap a
couple of lift-the-dots behind the driver's seat to get the cover off
the headrest without straining the zippers.

  Cheers,

  CR

Chuck Renner wrote:

> Knock on wood, but I've always gotten pretty decent parts through the major
> suppliers or their distributors.  My big disappointment was when I bought a
> new tonneau cover a couple of years ago from Moss (my factory one was
> starting to fall apart).  The picture in the catalog shows a factory-looking
> cover.  What you get, however, is quite different.
>
> First, it's got very big pockets for the headrests.  I can understand this,
> as they don't want to make different covers just because some cars have the
> big headrests and some the smaller ones.  So it doesn't look quite as nice,
> but I can live with that.

BIGGA SNIP