oil filters

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil filters
From: "Martin Libhart" <mlibhart@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:52:16 -0500
I have been using Purolator's PureOne oil filters on my MGB for sometime, and
have been curious about the difference between the L14670 and the L10017.
Both are identical in size, and in many cross-reference materials are both
shown as equivalent to FRAM's PF16.  I finally inquired, and received
following reply from Tom Duvall of Purolator...

The filters are very similar.  However, the L14670 has a by-pass pressure
relief valve of 12 to 15 psi.  The L10017 has a by-pass pressure relief valve
setting of 8-11 psi.

The L10017 is the unit officially recommended by Purolator for the MGB 1800
motor.

That's it for today's oil filter trivia.

Martin Libhart