Re: rattlin' an rollin'

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rattlin' an rollin'
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:27:29 -0700
My car used to have terrible wheel and scuttle shake at various speeds
but as I've replaced and fixed all the suspension and wheel problems
they've all gone away.  Well, there is still a slight scuttle shake at
around 50 mph IIRC, some sort of harmonic thing going on, but its
barely noticeable.  I've had my B up to 100+ mph since all the
mechanicals were sorted out and it felt very solid.

So no, its not normal.  I'd check all the suspension bushings, motor and
trans mounts, shocks, springs, front kingpin/swivel pin, weel balance,
tire condition, U-bolts, etc etc

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)