Re: Cause of dead battery found

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cause of dead battery found
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 09:10:36 +0100
A small modification if I may.  If the test lamp doesn't light then you
could still have a very small drain that will flatten the battery over time,
but probably not overnight.  This is when you use an analogue voltmeter in
place of the battery ground strap.  If it shows 12v you do have a drain.  On
a car with an alternator it is normal for the voltmeter to show a few volts.