Acck, Electrical problem, dead short!!!! MGB-GT 1970

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Acck, Electrical problem, dead short!!!! MGB-GT 1970
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@cache.ucr.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 08:48:10 -0700
Dear Netters,

Near Disaster! My brake lights stopped working recently, then my battery
would not hold a charge. I then realized, when I smelled burning
electrical insulation, that I had a dead short some place. Could someone
suggest a FAQ for electrical trouble shooting? I'm quite dissappointed
with this new problem because I replaced the whole electrical loom about
2 years ago. I had no problems until now.

Also, because I smelled burning insulation, how would you all suggest I
repair whatever wires are shorting out? I hope to hell they aren't
within the loom but are some peripheral wire that is shorting out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
"Never ascribe to Malice that which is explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin, Assistant Research Entomologist
http://facultydirectory.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/pub/public_individual.pl?faculty=882
Department of Entomology
University of California, Riverside. 92521