Re: tubed type rearend switch from 68 to 73 , probs ?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tubed type rearend switch from 68 to 73 , probs ?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:35:54 -0700
Barney, I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I don't think Dan
was talking about racing tires, or racing conditions -- if he was, then I
totally agree he would be better off with alloy wheels. But I don't think B
owners have to worry about 48-spoke wires. I would suspect that good 14" 60-
or 72-spoke wires would be considerably stiffer than the stock 15" steel
wheels on an A, at any rate. The later B's Rostyle wheels look like they
might be reasonably stiff, though (assuming they're decently put together,
which is a big assumption, I admit).

The moral here, I suppose, is not to "overtire" your wheels. You don't
want the wheel to be the "weakest link".

--

Max Heim