Re: new wheels

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new wheels
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:59:59 +0100
I've only ever had tyres put on and off my wires at a bog-standard fitters.
However balancing is something else.  The last three times they have shown
me bad wobble when on their balancer with cone-spacers both sides, but on
the front hubs they show no wobble at all.

Since new tyres on the same wheel (any wheel not just wires) usually results
in completely different weights in different places, either the balancing
process is crap or the tyre balance is crap.  Which means wheel balance,
being closer to the centre and less likely to have thickness differences, is
a marginal issue in the overall balance.