Re: NAMGAR GT-27

To: "Steve Morris" <MGA1500@mac.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NAMGAR GT-27
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:15:16 -0400
> OK, I'm getting the car all ready for the trip to Charlottesville for my
> first GT. I rebuilt the front suspension and put on new hub splines,
> lubed everything, change fluids, etc. I have four new tires to get
> mounted, balanced, and an alignment. And I've got everybody's list of
> tools and spares to haul with me.

Hmmm, I pretty much did the same thing, but put the new ww hubs on the rear
as I needed  oil seals anyway.  Mines runnin' great, put minilites on too.

> But what do we wear for NAMGAR events? Deb wants to know if she needs to
> get new dresses, or dressy outfits. Do I need a sport jacket? Or are
> slacks, nice shorts, and golf shirts the clothing of choice? We don't
> want to show up at the banquet all caual, when everyone else is black tie!

Dress can be whatever you want.  Jeans are seen at the banquet as often as
coat.  Lots of driving the cars requires cool casual dress.  All of the
events are casual.  Most people still carry everything with them, shipping a
box is just starting to catch on.

We're leaving on the 13th, heading to Cincinnati for a show on the 14th,
then traveling through Kentucky to southern VA, then up the Blue Ridge
Parkway to Charlottesville, and beyond.
I'm traveling with Jeff Zorn (www.lbcarco.com) (no financial interest) with
his A and his Range Rover and two other couples from the Detroit area.  Brad
and Cathy Dryden('70 MGB, '56 MGA, my next door neighbors), and Steve and
Cathy Holliday ('58 MGA, '72 MGBGT).
We should arrive Weds afternoon.  Look for an OEW MK II with knock-on
minilites,  2 reds, one with wires, one with minilites, and a red split
bumper B.

This should be a great event.  We all have a common interest, but that
aside, what a great group of people MG owners are, and the GT's have always
been fun.  I'm looking forward to seeing friends  I haven't seen in a year.
Let's see, I think I met Steve at Wadsworth a year ago.
Mike Razor, you gonna be there?
Who else?
See ya there!

Safety Fast!