Re: NAMGAR GT-27

To: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>,
Subject: Re: NAMGAR GT-27
From: Steve Morris <MGA1500@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:31:33 -0400
On 6/20/02 10:15 PM, Gordie's Garage  <mg_garage@ameritech.net> wrote:

>> OK, I'm getting the car all ready for the trip to Charlottesville for my
>> first GT. I rebuilt the front suspension and put on new hub splines,
>> lubed everything, change fluids, etc. I have four new tires to get
>> mounted, balanced, and an alignment. And I've got everybody's list of
>> tools and spares to haul with me.
>
>Hmmm, I pretty much did the same thing, but put the new ww hubs on the rear
>as I needed  oil seals anyway.  Mines runnin' great, put minilites on too.

I did the front this year and will do the rears next winter. The splines
were pretty worn, and I figured with the disk brakes up front, that if
the splines peeled off, I'd just be a Hot Wheels car. I'd rather have no
traction in the rear, than no brakes up front! While I was at it, I put
in new bearings, MGB-V8 bushings, new seals, etc. Dampers, trunnions, and
springs were OK, but I took one of the lower spring pan pivots from my
pile of spares and replaced the one on the driver's side. I'd like some
disk knock-offs, but not sure I like the Minilites with the bolted in
knock-off center. I'll have to look at your's, 'cause I've only seen them
once, on a TR4. Sure would be easier!

>Dress can be whatever you want.  Jeans are seen at the banquet as often as
>coat.  Lots of driving the cars requires cool casual dress.  All of the
>events are casual.  Most people still carry everything with them, shipping a
>box is just starting to catch on.

Thanks for the info Gordie (and Rick, too!) I don't have a luggage rack,
so it's what we can stuff inside, or else ship stuff ahead.

>This should be a great event.  We all have a common interest, but that
>aside, what a great group of people MG owners are, and the GT's have always
>been fun.  I'm looking forward to seeing friends  I haven't seen in a year.
>Let's see, I think I met Steve at Wadsworth a year ago.

Yep, that was me, delivering the beer in exchange for a last minute
delivery order for a vacuum tube ass'y from Jeff. Figure's you'd remember
the guy giving away beer :-)

See ya,
Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio