couple of parts questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: couple of parts questions
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:51:38 -0500
A few parts questions for everyone on my '79 B:

The side covers on the engine require a seal on the bolt that holds them on.
Mine have a little metal cup and what's left of a seal...  :)  The Moss
catalog lists four parts for this area on 18V engines:  the aforementioned
metal cup and bushing, a plain washer, and a copper washer.  Are all four of
these items required, or were the washers used early on, and then changed to
the metal cup/bushing arrangement?

While everything is apart, should I replace the pilot bushing that the
tranny input shaft rides in on general principle?  Moss lists a couple of
different sizes...do I just measure what I've got and get the same size?