Re: Latest antics : Head off, now what? (anyone in UK got

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Latest antics : Head off, now what? (anyone in UK got
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:32:32 -0600
Scott:

You can have good compression and still burn oil.  Usually, but not
always, the oil control ring wears at the same rate as the compression
rings.  However it has been known to happen that the oil control ring
has worn faster or lost its temper whereas the compresssion rings have
not.  At 110K miles, it wouldn't surprise me that the oil control ring
is worn out.

Depending on the wear in the bores, it is possible to just rering the
engine without boring and fitting new pistons.  We're doing that now to
a S10 diesel with 250K miles.

Blake