Re: Period performance (different perspective)

To: <MGBracer80@aol.com>, <lrcar@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: Period performance (different perspective)
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:19:39 -0700
Err...  I think you have misjudged the F.

On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 01:56  PM, David Breneman wrote:

> I mean, the MGF doesn't even have a manual transmission, and
> it's an MG fergawdsakes!  There are lots of categories of cars

There are four versions of the MGTF (not to be confused with the TF),
ranging from (IIRC) 105 HP to 160 HP.  3 of the 4 use a cable operated
(and maligned) MANUAL transmission.  I want that TF160 rather badly, but
alas, I cannot have it.

The other uses a CVT.

> company is going to come out with a no-frills roadster, it usually
> ends up with ultra-frills by the time it hits the showroom.  So,
> because the sports car is a dieing breed, all the more reason to
> preserve the ones that still exist.

This I do agree with, the only modern ultra-frills sports car I can
think of right now is the Elise, and I can't get this either.

--
My opinions are mine, and do not reflect the views of the university.
     http://www.wsu.edu/~aaronpw/