Re: Period performance (different perspective)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Period performance (different perspective)
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:50:44 -0400
> but it was a sports car to me.  At that time, against US cars, it may not
> have won many straight-line races, but throw a few bends into the
proceedings
> and you started to see a huge advantage shift.  My '66 Mustang is a hoot
off

Yup, I remember in the summer of 69 (isn't there a song like that?), I was
driving a '64 TR4 and my buddy had a new road runner.  He tried to keep up
with me late one night through some twisties and ended up on his roof in the
ditch.  Only pride was injured, fortunately, but he never tried to keep up
when the road got curvy.  Course we had to start out that way or I'd never
keep up.:-)
BTW, that was my first and last tr***ph.  Not a bad car though, if memory
serves me.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA