Re: more power

To: MGBracer80@aol.com
Subject: Re: more power
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 18:16:18 -0400
Troy wrote:

> #2 im not a scca racer im only 16 years old and I race  every
> now and then on the main street.
> #3 Im not like other kids I dont like japanese pos cars.

You sound an awful lot like those kids with the Japanease cars.  So here is
a clue to suck on.  Taking your racing to the track, where it belongs.

> #4 More power for my British car mean less trouble defending
> its honer.

More power for a 16 year old to thrash his MG around with the potential of
injuring others around you.  I almost wrecked a TR6 when I was 17, and boy
did I look like an @ss walking away from a car with a destroyed radiator,
skid plate, and racing sway bar all tangled up in the front suspension... I
had to get a ride home with a girl I knew from school who just happend to
drive by.  Not cool.

> #7 More information about british proformance to me the better
> im the next  generation. All of you will be dead in the next 10 to
> 20 years then where I be

Please sell your car.

The best piece of advice I can give you, is to take whatever money that you
have (that you were going to buy go-fast parts with), and go enroll in a
weekend Skip Barber driving course.  Unless you're Kimi Raikkonen, you're
unlikely to have the skill set necessary to make maximum use of the power
your MGB already has.  These types of driving courses are fun, you learn a
great deal, and you'll become a safer driver who knows the limits of their
car.

Kai (not going to be dead in the next 10 to 20 years)