Re: Fuel Gauge Problems

To: "Bill Meyer" <wcameyer@msn.com>, "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge Problems
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:25:53 +0100
The 67 had the later thermal (slow acting) gauge and usually when these
start varying it means the tank sender is on the way out, particularly if it
drops to 'off' below a certain point.  However it could just be loose
connections anywhere in the number plate ground - black - sender -
green/black - gauge - light-green/green - stabiliser circuit.  I'm assuming
you have the electric temp gauge, if so and this reads OK it is unlikely to
be the stabiliser itself.