Re: Shock Link Redux!

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shock Link Redux!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:21:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/02 10:08:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

> "Easy", I figured, just tap it
> with the hammer and pop it out! As the old joke goes, 'no soap, radio'...
> I can turn the entire sheared bolt by using an open-ended wrench on the
> nut but it won't pop out! I guess I will try chilling the bolt using some
> ice tomorrow, since I think heat will only make it worse by expanding
> it... Man, what a project!

It sounds like you are trying to get the tapered stud out the wrong way.

I'd have to take a look at one, but there is a tapered stud on the shock
link.  It will only come out one way.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget