Re: VIN numbers

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: VIN numbers
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 14:58:02 -0500
Dave:

<<<snip>>>
O=Overdrive, Borg-Warner (Normally we see "U" for centre
change gearbox.)
<<<snip>>>
Couldn't this be a bit of a problem too.  I mean, I've never
heard of any 1500cc engine ever factory equipped with OD.
The only example of a 1500 OD I've read about was a test
done in England comparing a ZA to a ZB.  When I inquired
about it somewhere along the line, I was told that the OD
was most likely an aftermarket installation.

If indeed some 1500cc engine's tranny in Magnettes came with
OD, I WANT ONE!  Just look at the ease of installing one in
a MGA.  They must be rarer than hen's teeth.
--
Blake
MG TD