Re: Bad Brakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bad Brakes
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:37:57 EDT
barrier@bconnex.net writes:

> >The list will tell you that braided is a waste of money. New rubber are
> >just fine. Course, I bought them, before I saw that on the list. :-(

- - - - - - - - - - -

I have only heard good things about braided brake lines.  Why do you think
they are a waste of money?

I have them on my '77 Midget and they work just fine.  I have heard that they
help to give a firmer pedal feel because they don't flex.  I have never
driven a Midget with rubber hoses, so I can't compare.

The only bad thing I have heard is that way down the road, if they wear out
internally, it is difficult to see the damage.  Scheduled maintenance will
prevent that from being a problem.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget