Overdrive fluid options? Syntech? early O/D

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive fluid options? Syntech? early O/D
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
We have definitly improved the OD in my car. It did work today for about a ten
mile section on the way to a show but then on the way home it got noisy and
then got intermittant again. I will flush the unit one or two more times to see
if I can clean out the crud that 'might' be impeding the oil pressure or flow.
My mechanic had suggested the use of 20/50 in synthetic as synthetics might
work better in the O/D which he had said had 'some' similarities to an auto
trans which many of the older GM units seem to limp along better with synthetic
oils. Any thoughts fo solutions on this tired old d type box?? I would still
love to figure out how to remove the bolt that holds in the oil pump.

Carl French
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines