RE: How to defeat locking steering wheel?

To: "'Bob D.'" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: How to defeat locking steering wheel?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:42:07 -0700
Bob:

In answer to your question, there is no "easy" way to defeat the steering
lock.

These are the options I came up with.

1.  Remove the pin:  The assembly would have to be removed, and dismantled.
I've not gotten into this, but I don't think it is easy.

2.  Fill the hole in the shaft:  Seems more trouble than it is worth, but I
guess you could use epoxy or JB weld.

3.  Remove the assembly, and substitute a dash mounted ignition switch:  I
have done this on a couple of cars which were going to be used for racing.
It was also a good way to keep cars on the road with worn out locks, back
when replacements were unavailable.  It is simple to use the original switch
harness and connect it to an early type switch assembly.

Kelvin.