Air compressors

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net"
Subject: Air compressors
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 00:31:17 -0400
Sorry -- kind of off topic.

If I can get the CFM I think I need (11 to 18 CFM or so) from an 80
gallon single stage air compressor, why would a two stage be better --
what are the advantages of a two stage over a single stage, assuming the
same CFM from both.

Is 11 CFM generally sufficient, or should do I need more like maybe 18.
I see some air tools need more. A $39.00 air nibbler at Harbor Freight
uses 4 CFM and a $29.00 nibbler uses 14 CFM -- a lot more. Do the
cheaper air tools tend to use more CFM?

Thanks,

Don Malling