Re: Stripping Paint from parts

Subject: Re: Stripping Paint from parts
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 11:25:31 -0400
Ross,

It depends on how much you are spending on your car - but "body shop"
sounds like you are on a big budget!   What I did was take every piece of
suspension, brake disc covers, brackets, bumper irons, anything that I
could including the rear axle housing - to the powder paint people.  They
sand blasted everything and used semi-gloss black.  The result?  They will
never chip, peel, or rust.  Powder paint is fantastic.  I also had my wire
wheels done in silver.  By the time you have bought stuff to clean and
paint things the difference to cost of powder painting is, in my eyes,
worth it.

At 05:32 PM 10/5/02 +0200, Ross Bateman wrote:
>Hi
>
>Well my 69B Roadster is down to the shell and is booked to go into the
>body shop in 2 weeks.
>I started working on 'refurbishing ' some of the parts today and ran
>into a snag. I got myself a sand blaster for the compressor but I do not
>have enough pressure.
>
>Took me 3 hours with fiddeling and faffing to clean off the one side of
>the break disk back plate. Not very good going.
>
>What would you suggest I try... paint strippen prehaps?
>I am talking about things like the front cross member, wish-bones etc.
>
>Thanks for you input,
>
>Ross

Regards
Barrie