Vacuum advance and anti run-on connections to intake manifold

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vacuum advance and anti run-on connections to intake manifold
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 23:43:28 -0400
I'm trying to connect the anti run-on valve and distributor vacuum advance to
my intake manifold, but there aren't any pipes to connect them to.  The car is
a 1980 MGB, and the manifold is from a 1972 (HIF-4 carb swap).  The emissions
equipment is long gone.  Before the car fire neither one was connected because
the vacuum advance on the distributor was broken, and the anti run-on valve was
broken.  Now that I have new parts, I'd like them to be connected.  The Moss
catalog shows an adaptor (373-865) for the anti run-on valve going to the car's
original manifold, but nothing for the vacuum advance because it was originally
connected to the Z-S carb.  I didn't see any adaptors or connectors for the
manifold that I've got.  I do have an adaptor installed; it's a right-angle
adaptor (373-860) that I've got blocked off, but maybe I could use that somehow
for both connections.

I'm hoping that there are some threaded adaptors that I can just screw into the
manifold.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

--Steve (1980 MGB)