The rewire - '77B rheostat burn.

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The rewire - '77B rheostat burn.
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 19:10:10 -0500
As you may remember from almost a month ago, I burned a few red/white
and a red/green in my
dash after messing with the rheostat.

I finally got the new wires in, and there's one wire that's got me
wondering. It's a purple/pink (PK) that
goes up the steering column. on the left. I can't figure out where it
goes. Finding the ignition switch,
turn signal switch, horn, washer and wiper, I can't find it going
anywhere. Any clues?

Also, one of the lights of the console isn't working, I swapped lights
and it stayed in the socket, so
I have to trace that wire, though I may not care. :-).

I started the engine up to check the instruments, and then remembered
that that hadn't hooked up
the oil line. Opps. Not much came out.

One wire broke again, I'll fix that easy enough. I'm relocating the new
rheostat (thanks to Steve!)
on the upper switch blank where the DPO had a switch for the radiator
fan. (I fixed that in the
spring).

On a bad note, I cracked the top of the dash :-( right in the middle, I
think the luggage rack is
to blame. It's just a depression puncture, though fairly big, is there
any patch for that?

I'm shooting for getting it back on the road by the end of the week.
Perfect for this wonderful
Minnesota weather.

--
Paul Root