Re: The rewire - '77B rheostat burn.

To: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: The rewire - '77B rheostat burn.
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 09:06:52 -0500
Telewest (PH) wrote:

>>I finally got the new wires in, and there's one wire that's got me
>>wondering. It's a purple/pink (PK) that
>>goes up the steering column. on the left. I can't figure out where it
>>goes. Finding the ignition switch,
>>turn signal switch, horn, washer and wiper, I can't find it going
>>anywhere. Any clues?
>

> Purple/pink runs between the ignitions witch and the buzzer door switch.

Thanks, I found it after another search. I don't think I'm going to
worry about that one.

>>Also, one of the lights of the console isn't working, I swapped lights
>>and it stayed in the socket, so
>>I have to trace that wire, though I may not care. :-).
>

> Check the ground on that gauge as well as the wire, there should be a black
> wire under the thumb-nut of each.

It's the light for the heater or vent or cigerette lighter, both cables
hook up at the end, somewhere up under I think.

>>I started the engine up to check the instruments, and then remembered
>>that that hadn't hooked up
>>the oil line. Opps. Not much came out.
>

> BTDT

I bet it's pretty common.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155