Re: what to do???rotary MGB

To: "Trevor E. Cranmer" <tec9289@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: what to do???rotary MGB
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:23:30 -0500
Ok, I'm going to assume that you know that leaving
everything else the same and just dropping in the
13B is going to leave you as a red spot on the
highway.

You need to think A LOT about brakes and suspension
and differential, etc., etc., etc.

There are, as a start 2 sources of information that
you should read and understand.

The first is "How to give your MGB V8 power". This
will give you ideas about what you need to think
about.

The second is Grass Roots Motorsports. Go back and
get all the articles on their RoSpit conversion, see
the pain they went through. And how they did it "right".

Ok, I'll add some more, someone yesterday posted a
URL on the 2.0l Cosworth engined MGB, read anything
you can about that.

As far as the moral dilemma. There were, and still
are tons of MGBs in the world. But if you have a
good running engine (good compression, not burning
oil, etc.), I'd probably go more toward the, "How
to Power Tune MGB 4 cylinder Engines".

On the other hand, I'm one of those who day-dream about
putting the V8 in my B one day. The next day I think,
it'd be a lot easier and cheaper to buy a TR8.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155