ZS tuning

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS tuning
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:27:39 -0500
Our 79B with ZS carb has been idling fast (but running well) since I tuned
everything up. I just got around to adjusting it a few days ago. I backed out
the fast idle screw as far as possible; it almost is unthreaded clear out of
the hole.  It still idles fast (at just a little less than 1000 RPM) and now
doesn't start well. Have I screwed up the water choke (yes, it DID work :-) by
adjusting the idle down? Do I need to readjust the needle in the carb after
adjusting the idle?
Thanks,

Monte
          79B, Carmine