Re: Guy Fawkes problem

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Guy Fawkes problem
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:40:40 -0000
Sadly it is as a result of frivolous insurance claims (40% up last year), an
unwanted import from the USA.  The premium is now around UKP3000 for a
public event.

At least the bonfires are quiet, we have had four or five hours a night of
exploding shells for the past five nights with more to come.  We get Diwahli
(Indian/Sikh 'Christmas') as well, which because they use the old calendar
'floats'.  This year it was yesterday so has just been added to the general
noise.