Re: questions about handling (Re: Wire Wheels ...)

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: questions about handling (Re: Wire Wheels ...)
From: Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:18:57 -0600
I've done it, and in my mind, there's only one way to do it right:
with a CB crossmember. Which means you need a CB steering rack.
This would be the first thing I would do. You may find the rear has
self-lowered anyway, due to sag. This may or may not please you. On
mine, I had the rear re-arched to CB specs. Heavy equipment shops that
deal with leaf springs all the time will know what to do. I can't
remember where I found the specs.
Anway, you're still lugging extra weight, and quite a bit of it, on
the far ends of the car, right where you don't want it, but RBs can
handle quite well.