Re: Newbie: questions

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie: questions
From: "Gavin Dennis" <gavin_dennis@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 19:33:01 -0500
thanks!  I am definitely leaning towards staying in the stock class.  I like
the SU carbs (simple) and I dont have the $$$ to "build" a race car.  I just
talked to the mechanic shop that has the car and he just told me that I need
to locate a new chassis because this one will never be right :(  I might
have found a donor (rolling chassis) but I will have to wait and see.  It
will be a good time to take everything apart and rebuild what needs to be.
The only thing is, painting a car is expensive even if I do the sanding,
etc. myself.  Does anyone have any suggestions???  I don't want to build a
concours car, just a fun, nice looking, driveable MG that will bring a smile
to my face everytime I hear those dual carbs sucking down the air/fuel.  I
live in Charlotte, NC.

Also, will 195 60 R14's fit??  I would love to run the Falken Azenis tires
if they wont rub.

Gavin