Re: Newbie: questions

To: gavin_dennis@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbie: questions
From: Jertigger3@cs.com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:38:58 EST
In a message dated 11/10/2002 1:22:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gavin_dennis@hotmail.com writes:
> The only thing is, painting a car is expensive even if I do the sanding,
> etc. myself.  Does anyone have any suggestions???  I don't want to build a
> concours car, just a fun, nice looking, driveable MG that will bring a s

I just redid Gidget my 73 Midget.
I went to a paint supplier and got sand paper, black base coat and clear
coat, I sprayed it with a cheap gun.
Then sanded it starting with 600 and then worked up to 1200 them got some 3M
clear coat buffing compound, Looks like a pro job. It took lots of labor but
worth it

Jerry Rein